Changing Your Name

Name Change Lawyer in Broward County

Changing Your Name After Divorce

There may be a number of reasons why you may have questions about changing your name, especially when it comes to a divorce. Many divorcees want to keep the same last name as their children; people who have an established name in their profession may not be so eager for a change either. 

As crazy as going through a divorce can feel, adjusting to life after a divorce can still be a hectic and busy time. Changing your name can be a huge decision, and understandably, it is one that you may want to take time to think about. If you have decided to change your name after a divorce has been finalized, then you will need to take additional legal steps to attain this. 

Changing your name doesn't have to be difficult; Lindsay A. Feldman, P.A. can help! 

To speak with an experienced Broward County name change attorney, contact us online or give us a call at (954) 406-2810 today. 

Do You Need a Lawyer to Change Your Name in Florida?

You are not required by state law to have an attorney to change your name. Having one can make the process easier, however.

As a name change attorney in Broward County, I will assist you in filling out the correct forms, filing them on time, and finalizing your name change. I, Attorney Lindsay A. Feldman, will be there at every single step of the way—that starts with helping you decide whether a name change is best for you.

Changing Back to Your Maiden Name

There are many reasons why someone would want to revert back to their maiden name.

You may spell your name differently than is on your birth certificate and want all of your financial documents to match up so that there is no problem at a later date. You may be known by a nickname to which you would like to change your name, or quite simply, you may just not like your name.

Whatever the reason, a change of name is an important step, and one that you probably want to accomplish as swiftly and affordably as possible.

Call (954) 406-2810 to consult a Broward County name change lawyer.

Should You Change Your Name Before or After Divorce?

The restoration of a maiden name is something that can be taken care of within a divorce proceeding. The wife would need to request in her pleadings that the judge restore her maiden name at the time of the Final Judgment of Dissolution of Marriage. 

Certified copies of the Final Judgment may be purchased the same day as the final hearing so that you may have your official documents reissued, reflecting the restoration of your maiden name.

If you did not decide to revert to your maiden name at the end of your marriage, you can still change your name now. It doesn't matter whether it's been months or years. 

Name Change for a Low, Flat Fee

When you have decided that you are ready for a change of name, you want to work with experience you can trust. 

I am a Broward County name change lawyer with 20+ years of experience, and I can help you in any aspect of family lawespecially uncontested divorce. I understand how much this name change matters to you, and I can enable you to achieve this for a low, flat fee. 

I also understand the value of your time. I am committed to giving each of my clients the one-on-one attention that they deserve. If you are pressed for time, I will work around your schedule in order to take care of these crucial legal matters as conveniently to you as possible.

To get started with a consultation, contact Lindsay A. Feldman, P.A. online.


Get a Florida Supreme Court Certified Family Mediator on Your Side

Finding the right name change lawyer can save you unnecessary stress, time, and money as you start a new chapter of your life. To find out more about how I may be able to assist with your name change, changing your child's name, or any other family law matter, you can fill out a free case evaluation online, or you can call today to schedule a free consultation with a skilled Broward County divorce lawyer. Contact Lindsay A. Feldman, P.A. today!

Hire a Passionate Advocate Who Will Help Guide & Support You

Contact Us Today
  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.
  • By submitting, you agree to be contacted about your request & other information using automated technology. Message frequency varies. Msg & data rates may apply. Text STOP to cancel. Acceptable Use Policy